Check out these online astronomy events taking place in 2022
To register for these fascinating talks please click on the links below.
We will regularly update this page as details of more events become available.
Members will also continue to receive email invitations to join our SWHAS monthly meetings.
SWHAS MEMBERS MONTHLY MEETING
Friday 27 May 2022
20:00 – 22:00 GMT
Members Images and AGM
Our members’ images meeting is a chance to showcase your own astro images, no matter what the level of expertise. Remember that even the best imagers started with the basics – it all about sharing the experience and learning.
Please submit your images to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 25th May 2022.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
This is an important part of the society annual activities as it is your chance to elect the committee you want, have your say and influence the direction of the society.
A report of the society’s finances will also be presented along with a summary of the activities carried out by the society over the past year.
The meeting will also include a news item of interest and a tour of the night sky.
We’re pleased to confirm that this will be a face-to-face meeting at the RMS and look forward to seeing you there.
A Zoom link will also be sent out to members before the meeting if you are unable to attend in person.
New RMS meeting protocols
In order to keep everyone safe we have to adhere to the school guidelines during the COVID situation and we ask you to respect social distancing where appropriate, use good hygiene and wear face coverings whilst moving around. We will endeavour to keep the hall well ventilated at all times and this may mean some doors need to be left open.
1. We will ask you to collect your own chair from the back of the hall and take it to a place in the hall where you would like to sit. This can be either near friends/family or well away from everyone else – the choice is yours, but we encourage you to respect social distancing where appropriate. Be aware that some doors may be left open to aid better ventilation, so bear this in mind when you choose a seating location. It might be advisable to wear layers ! Sanitising wipes will be provided when you collect your chair for you to wipe down your seat.
2. In addition to the school cleaning regime, we will, prior to the meeting, wipe down all accessible surfaces including the handrails, door handles and toilets.
3. All beverages will be dispensed in paper cups and consumables (such as sugar, UHT milk and biscuits) will be supplied as individually sealed packs. After use, please dispose of these items in the rubbish bags provided.
4. After the talk is over, please return your chair to the back of the hall where it will be wiped down and stacked away.
5. For the time being, we will not be holding planetarium visits – because the space in there is too confined to safely ventilate it. Instead Richard will do a summary of the upcoming night sky in the hall.
Members will be advised of the RMS gate code nearer the date of the meeting.
We are in discussion with the school to see if we can use their internet to live stream the meetings to those who cannot attend, but no firm decision has been reached at this time – we will keep you informed if it is likely to happen.
Keep safe and we look forward to seeing you.